Are you considering a live-in childcare solution but are worried about taking the final step? There is a lot to think about and finding the right person can quickly become overwhelming. AuPairCare works with host families from the very beginning to streamline the searching process and help host families zero in on an au pair that has the characteristics they need for a successful match.
When you qualify and apply for an au pair through AuPairCare, you are immediately assigned to an Area Director and a Matching Expert. Together we work with you to answer your questions with the goal of helping you find an au pair that will match well with your family. If you are unsure about applying, there are some factors to think about when searching on your own. The first thing to ask yourself is what skills you are looking for in a childcare provider. Can they provide the time and flexibility that you need? Are their interests and skill-set compatible with your family’s lifestyle? Since AuPairCare employs au pairs from 40 countries worldwide, AuPairCare’s au pairs have a wide variety of skill sets.
With information pulled from our active database, we’ve highlighted the benefits of our wonderful AuPairCare au pairs:
- 100% speak conversational English and are eager to teach their own language to your family
- 97% have a Driver’s license
- 77% have either started or graduated with an advanced degree
- 83% have art skills that they are ready to share with your children
- 90% have cooking skills. Many prepare meals for their own family on a daily basis.
- 70% have a teaching degree or experience such as managing a daycare or tutoring
- 83% are intermediate to advanced swimmers
- 53% have trained as a nurse or in first aid prior to to attending training at Au Pair Academy
Cost is another factor when deciding on a childcare provider. Hiring an au pair can offer significant cost savings. With an affordable hourly rate ($7.75/hour vs. $15 or more for a domestic nanny), extensive childcare experience and training, an au pair is the perfect childcare solution.
Original source: http://www.aupaircare.com/stories/au-pairs-numbers